The Botany Society is a volunteer organization that assists Park staff to preserve, document and interpret the Park's flora. The Society also seeks to further understanding of plant ecology in our unique and diverse Park.
Opportunities for participating in Botany Society activities are many, and range from participation in botany classes to mounting plant specimens for the Colorado Desert District Herbarium to leading plant walks for Park visitors. Come join us!
Other Botany Society activities:
- Introduce the flora of ABDSP to Park visitors
- Assist Park staff with field surveys
- Help Park staff with removal of invasive, non-native plant species
- Serve as assistants in the Botany Certification Course
- Assist Park Staff in the Colorado Desert District Herbarium
- Conduct in-depth classes in botany for certified members
The requirements for membership are to complete the Botany Certification Course which consists of an introduction to botany and the flora of Anza=Borrego Desert State Park. The course is taught on Mondays, January through March each year. In addition, members provide 40 hours of volunteer service each calendar year.
The Anza-Borrego Desert State Park Botany Society always welcomes new members. If those opportunities and activities are your mission too, we welcome you!
Sign up for membership information: